Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Stylizing individual clips with Smart Filters, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop.
When it comes to stylizing your video footage, you really have to go no further…than filters within Photoshop.…There is just one little tip I'm going to give you about using filters, …and that's to convert your video into a Smart Object before you apply that filter effect.…To show you what I'm talking about, let's go to the Layers panel and make sure…we have the Jet_Over video selected.…Press the Up arrow on your keyboard to move the playhead to the first frame…of that video layer.…Now, if your playhead didn't move, click on the fly out from the Timeline panel…and make sure you have enabled your Timeline short cut keys.…
Now, let's look at this layer as we apply a filter to it.…If I go up under Filter, I could choose Blur and choose Motion Blur.…When I choose Motion Blur, I can go ahead and choose a Distance as well as an Angle.…So if I wanted this to look like it was kind of shaking all over the place, …I could create a funky angle like so.…So I'll just leave these settings and press OK.…Now, if you look at this layer, you can see it has an icon that looks like a film strip.…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.