In this video, use a Vector path to create a perfectly controlled curved brush stroke.
- [Instructor] If we use the Brush tool … with a smoothing option activated, … we can create some pretty smooth lines, … even freehand. … But, there are times when we need that … extra bit of control … to create the perfect curve. … We can use a vector path to do that. … And, I'd like to show you how it's done. … We find the Vector Drawing tools of Photoshop … hidden under this little quill icon here. … The classic vector drawing tool is the Pen tool. … And with the Pen tool, … we can click on our digital canvas … and it will create separate points … that are connected by straight path segments. … If we click and drag, … we pull out these little handles here … and our path segments become curves. … We can actually switch our drawing tool at any time. … So, let's have a look … what the Freeform Pen tool does. … If we start here on our last point on the path, … we can simply augment the existing path … now with these freeform drawings. … And if we release, … Photoshop will automatically create a vector path …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.