Chris Mattia teaches you how to use the hidden Ruler tool in Photoshop so you can quickly straighten your teaching and learning assets.
- [Narrator] On the last movie,…we saw one way to straighten your image during a crop but,…there's a better tool for this process…that you should know about and that's the ruler tool.…It's hidden underneath the eyedropper tool, right here.…The ruler tool is really easy to use.…Identify any object that you want to use…as your reference point in your image.…A good choice is always to chose a horizon, if you have one.…Then, to use the tool,…click on one end of the horizon…and drag over the to the other end.…
This will set the first point and then…when you release your mouse, you'll set the second point.…What's nice about this tool…is that you can now reposition these two endpoints…as much as you need to…in order to get your alignment just right.…To help with this, zoom in to your image…using command or control plus a few times…and then space bar, drag over to the first point.…Then, you can click and drag to move the point…and align it exactly to the point that you need to.…Then, space bar, drag over to the other end of your image…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.