In this video, discover how using the Shift key with the Brush tool makes it easy to create perfectly straight lines.
- [Instructor] So far, we've learned techniques … that help us to apply color in a broader, … more painterly fashion. … But what about our line work? … Photoshop offers us a variety of tools … and techniques to support our drawing, … and the first one I want to talk about is … using the shift key to create straight lines. … So when you use a graphic tablet, … you are able to draw on the computer just like … on a piece of paper. … But even there, drawing a straight line … is not an easy thing to achieve. … Fortunately Photoshop offers us a helping hand … in creating straight lines, … and that comes in the form of the shift key. … If I click on my canvas … and then hold down the shift key … and create another click, … Photoshop will connect these two points … with a straight line. … I'm still holding shift here, … and if I add additional points, … they will all be connected by straight lines. … That is very helpful for drawings … where we have to create a lot of straight lines. … Another way to use the shift key is …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.