Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Straight lines with Shift key, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- Selections give us a lot of control…over areas of color application,…but what about our line work?…Drawing straight lines is a matter of practice.…And with a little bit of practice,…you will be able to draw pretty straight lines…with a graphic tablet.…But depending on the angle of the line,…you will find that even with a lot of practice,…you will end up with a little bit skewed lines.…
So, Photoshop supports us with a nice little feature here,…everyone to create really straight lines.…We using the shift key to do it.…And if you click on the canvas with the Brush tool,…then hold the shift key.…The next click will be connected with a straight line.…This is really handy if you want to create very technical…and precise drawings.…
And there's another use of the shift key…when you are drawing freehand.…If you're drawing straight lines freehand…and you hit the shift key while you're drawing,…your line will end up perfectly straight.…And the only thing is, what you've seen here,…that you really have to make sure to click and draw…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.