Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Stitching the tilt-shift panorama, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- I had a great time using that tilt-shift lens…in this dense, moss-rich forest.…One of the things we were able to do…is create a panorama.…Now, we're gonna go in,…and look how easy it is to put together.…As I'm in Lightroom here,…let me go to "G" for "Grid Mode".…You're gonna see some…not-so-attractive pictures of my hand.…But what that does,…it tells me exactly where the pano is.…From one hand to the next, I see three images.…Shifted to the left, center and right.…It couldn't be any easier.…
If I didn't have my hand there,…I would just have this series of images.…It's really important to mark it,…to make your life easier.…Now, if I were to make any adjustments.…For example, if I go to "Develop Module",…and we'll just say, I'll brighten it up.…If I do something kinda crazy.…Remember, we've got it, shift-click,…and sync those images together,…synchronize so they all have the same look.…We shot this in manual mode with the same exposure,…so they should all have the same exposure.…
But any adjustment you do,…you need to do with all of them.…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Waterfallswith Justin Reznick32m 32s Beginner
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 43s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.