Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Teeth whitening, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] Let's whiten and brighten some teeth.…To begin, press the W key to choose Quick Select…and then press and hold the left…bracket key to make that brush smaller.…That's just a shortcut I like to use.…There are other shortcuts for changing your brush size,…but that's the one I tend to reach for.…It's nice and easy, easy to remember, easy to use.…Make a selection of that area then go to Select…and Mask, and in Select and Mask what I want to do…actually is turn off my background layer.…And in Select and Mask I want to make sure…I'm just seeing the teeth there.…
You could also change your view mode,…it looks like it was showing it on layers.…And sometimes it's helpful to see it in different ways…but basically I'm looking to make sure I can…smooth out those edges a little bit,…add a touch of feather, I want to have nice soft edges.…And then click OK.…Now that we've done that, next step is to use Hugh/Sat.…Click on Hugh/Sat, Target Adjustment Tool, sample yellow…and drop down those yellows, get rid of some of that.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.