Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Shadow removal, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Welcome back from your challenge,…I hope that went well.…The intent with this challenge wasn't to give you something…that was extremely difficult, but rather,…give you a chance to practice, and test out, and experiment.…You might experiment with a few different ideas.…So, with this image, how would I try to approach…those shadows underneath there?…There isn't one right or wrong answer to this,…but one of the things I would try,…because if you zoom in on the file,…it's a really high-res capture, really good detail,…the skin's in really good shape.…One thing I might try is to use our dodge technique.…
So, to do that, copy the background layer, Command + J,…rename the layer, and I'll go ahead…and name this one shadows.…Next, press the O key to select the tool.…Then, up top, what you can do,…is you can choose your range.…We want to work on our shadows.…Exposure, leave that down.…Protect tones, leave that on.…What I mean by exposure, leave it down,…I want to start with a really low exposure,…and sometimes I just like to have a low exposure,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.