Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Removing a logo, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Welcome back from the challenge.…I hope that went well.…You know, this image is actually a little bit tricky,…because there isn't a lot of space to work with…and we have these logos that we want to remove.…And, whenever I have a situation like that,…where I have sort of a complex image,…what I like to do first is to just select…roughly the area I want to work on.…So for me, it begins with the Lasso tool,…and here I'm just going to make a really rough selection…of the shirt, doesn't need to be very precise,…but I'm just saying, hey, this is the area I'm working on,…and I'll copy this up to a new layer.…
The way that you copy to a selection to a new layer…is Command J on the Mac, or Control J on Windows.…So here, now I have the shirt on a layer by itself.…Why would I do that?…Well, it just simplifies the process, at least for me.…This is the area I want to work on.…Next, I want to select the logos.…They have a pretty similar color and tone,…so I'll use the Magic Wand, and often what I do…is I just click and try to see if I'm close.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.