Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Removing distractions, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] Welcome back,…from the challenge movie,…I hope that went well.…Here in the solution movie, I'll show you…how I would approach this problem, and I…also want to point out that there are so many…different ways to do things in Photoshop,…there's so many different tools.…We could use the patch tool, the healing brush,…clone stamp tool, spot healing, content aware fill,…and there isn't one way which is right, and you…may have chosen a method which is different…then mine, and maybe it's even better than the way…that I work, that's okay.…Let me at least show you how I would approach this one.…
For me, I would think, big objects,…I'm going to use content aware fill.…So I want to duplicate the background layer.…In my real work flow, I do that by way of a shortcut.…The non - shortcut way is just to click and drag…to the new layer, the shortcut is to press Command J,…on a MAC, Control J on Windows, think J for jump,…it jumps or duplicates the contents of…one layer to another.…Next I'll rename the layer, press the L key to…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.