Learn how Chris Mattia applied a custom vector mask gradient to create more contrast between the text and the background, applies a custom 3D LUT to the background image and then crops and scales the image to the perfect size for a PowerPoint presentation
- [Instructor] Now for this challenge, the first thing I did…was to crop the image using the crop tool.…Now since the image is going into a PowerPoint presentation…we know it should be cropped to a 16:9 aspect ratio.…So I selected the first dropdown menu in my Options bar…and made sure that the crop ratio was set to 16:9.…Then I adjusted the image until I found a pleasing layout…and pressed enter + return to accept the crop.…Next, I went up to the Image menu and selected Image Size.…
And with the width and height linked together,…and the units set to pixels…I changed the height value to 720…which automatically reset the width to 1280 pixels…which is exactly 720p to match the dimensions…that PowerPoint uses.…Then, simply clicked OK.…I then zoomed into the image using Command…or Control + a few times.…Next, I address the text and background contrast issue.…Since we have white text on a light background,…I figured it would be better to add a soft black mask…under the text to help lift it off of the background.…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.