Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Improving skin, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Welcome back from your challenge.…I hope that went well.…Well, here in this movie,…I will show you how I would approach the challenge.…Now, the challenge was about first cleaning up…the small details.…So in order to get in close, I tend to use a shortcut.…It's Command + Option + 0 on a Mac…or Control + Alt + 0 on Windows.…That's a shortcut to zoom in to 100%…then create a new layer, Shift + Command + N on a Mac…or Shift + Control + N on Windows.…Sometimes, I call my cleanup layers R1 for Retouch 1…and I'll press the J key and Shift + J…until I get to Spot Healing Brush…and just look at removing some of the little blemishes…that I come across…and really, I'm just going to start wherever I am.…
I'm not too particular about which area I'm starting with…but just looking to get rid of some of the major blemishes.…Here, I'll press J and Shift + J…until I have the Healing Brush.…For this kind of an area,…I want to be able to select the source…of where I'm painting in…and once I have the Healing Brush,…I'll probably stick with it for a little bit.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.