Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Improving skin, part 1, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Welcome back from your challenge,…I hope it went well.…Here in the solution movie I want to begin by talking about…the layers that I have here…because you may be curious about those.…I have a couple layers which were just about color and tone,…those are pretty straightforward,…just adjustment layers.…But then this one down here is a little bit different.…Basically what I wanted to do is this is a portrait…of an artist and she works with all this…hand rolled felted stuff.…This layer has some of her work on it.…If you take the layer Blending Mode to Normal…you can see it, although it's inverted.…
To invert a layer you press Command I on a Mac…or Control I on Windows and then I'll Shift click the mask.…Basically you can see this is some of the stuff…that she creates and so I wanted to include that…in this portrait.…So here I masked an area of it away.…Inverted that layer and then changed the layer Blending Mode…to Screen to create this kind of an effect.…So it's a portrait which somehow has this loose connection…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.