Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Improving a group portrait, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] Welcome back from the challenge.…I hope that one went well.…It was a little bit tricky, wasn't it?…Well let me show you my approach.…Here if I were starting off in Bridge,…I would click and then shift click on the images.…Next go to tools, Photoshop,…and load files into Photoshop layers.…If I were starting in Lightroom,…you can do the same thing by going to photo edit in,…then open as layers in Photoshop.…Either way when we call up that command,…what it does is it takes those full res raw files,…it sends them over to Photoshop,…and puts them in a single document with two layers…so that we can begin to do our work…once those files are in a single document.…
Here I'll press F to go to full screen mode…and zoom in touch.…Now what I like to do is to have the image…which has most of the good content in the background,…and then the image which has the good stuff…that we're going to bring in above.…Next on that layer, we'll grab a tool like the lasso tool,…and we might add a little bit of feather to the selection,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.