Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Fixing stray hairs and improving color, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Welcome back from your challenge.…I hope you had some fun with this one.…Here, let me show you the steps I would take…for this challenge.…The first thing that we want to do…is deal with the fly-away hairs.…So, to do that, let's create a new layer,…Shift + Command + N on a Mac…or Shift + Control + N on Windows.…I like to abbreviate when I'm retouching,…so I tend to name my layers r1, r2, r3.…So, I'll name this one r1.…Next, press J and Shift + J,…until I have the Spot Healing Brush,…and then zoom in really close…and just see if there are any fly aways.…Noticing one on the face right here,…so tap the left bracket key to make that brush smaller…and just get rid of that.…
Also, this little one over there.…A little bit distracting, so get rid of that,…and then, while I'm here,…might as well get rid of a few wrinkles.…It's really about fly-aways,…but sometimes the fly-away hair brush size is exact perfect…for wrinkles, as well.…So just dealing with anything…that I think might be worth cleaning up.…Now, these areas over here,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.