Learn how Chris Mattia fixed the exposure of this scanned slide, cleaned up the dust and scratches, and then cropped the image to a perfect side for including in a PowerPoint presentation.
- [Instructor] To complete this challenge,…I started off viewing the image in Bridge,…and I did that by going up to the File menu…and selecting Browse in Bridge.…Now, since this image is a tiff,…I figured I would address those exposure issues…right away inside of Camera Raw,…so I right or Control clicked on the image…and selected, Open in Camera Raw.…Now as you look at the histogram,…you can see this image is slightly underexposed…with a lot of density down here…near the shadows and the blacks.…Also there's this large spike up here in the highlights,…so we want to address that as well.…
I dialed up the exposure by half a stop,…and then pulled a little bit of contrast out of the image…by dialing the contrast down to minus 10,…and to breathe a little more life into the shadows,…I raised those up to plus 10,…and we no longer have any clipping in our blacks,…and to deal with this clipping in the whites,…I pulled the highlights down to minus 25,…and dropped the white levels down to minus 10.…Notice that we no longer have any clipping in our highlights…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.