Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Correcting tone, part of Advanced Photoshop: Curves.
- [Voiceover] Now that you've had your own chance to…evaluate this image and perform a tone color adjustment,…let me show you a couple possible solutions we have.…This image of this photograph of Kachemak Bay in Alaska,…where I lived, this is looking southeast,…across Bishop's Beach at low tide.…And this is a early sunset picture,…which we'll see when we look at the histogram.…So we like the photograph,…but the contrast is a little bit low,…which is a very common circumstance…in landscape images that are shot…early in the day, or later in the day,…when the light is interesting and fun,…and when we look over in the histogram,…we see where we're going to be doing most of our work,…right, and that's on the highlight end,…where we don't really have any highlight data,…and we don't start to have any data at all…until we get down to about the quarter tone,…and we have this flat area where we're not sure…if that's data or noise, we'll see in a little bit.…
So we know we can do some overall brightness…and contrast adjustments, we'd like to,…
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Photoshop Color Correctionwith Taz Tally4h 9m Beginner
Advanced Photoshop Color Correctionwith Taz Tally5h 2m Advanced
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Curve Fundamentals
2. Tone and Simple Color Adjustments with Curves
3. Numeric Color Adjustments with Curves
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.