Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Correcting color, part of Exploring Photoshop: Mastering Curves.
- Well, now that you've had a chance to…try out your own solutions to the challenge,…let's take a look at both the tone…and the color adjustment of this image,…and then you can compare your results…with your evaluation and your adjustments to mine.…Remember, many times there's no single one right answer…to these images and a lot of it depends upon…what your intentions are,…and what your creative intentions are.…Alright, well let's start with an evaluation of the image.…First, we'll do a visual evaluation.…This is a photograph I shot of a photographer friend of mine…who came up to visit,…we were at Turnagain Arm, up in south central Alaska,…shooting across the flood tide,…and you can see it's winter time because of all the ice…and in the flood, this is some…of the highest tides in the world,…after the Bay of Fundy.…
Also, beautiful day,…and in this we shot on a semi-cloudy day,…there was some sun there, but it wasn't really bright out.…And the consequence to that is, of course,…it's a low contrast image.…Now, if you like the low contrast that's fine,…
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Curve Fundamentals
2. Tone and Simple Color Adjustments with Curves
3. Numeric Color Adjustments with Curves
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.