Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Advanced background clean up, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Voiceover] Welcome back from the advanced challenge.…I know this one is hard.…If you gave it a try, congratulations…and good work.…Let me show you my step by step approach here.…And keep in mind there isn't one way to do this.…But let me at least show you how I would try…to tackle this.…For me, it begin by creating a new layer.…I like to use shortcuts so, shift + command + n…gives me the ability to open up the new layer dialog…and then name it.…And I'll go ahead and name this one clean up.…And then click okay, or press enter, or return.…
Once I have the clean up layer,…I kind of want to get familiar…with what I have to work with.…Obviously we have the stop sign, that's glaring right?…We have the dress. We have her arm.…But we have a couple of other things too.…The porthole cover, little bit of paint on the road.…So, just looking at the whole image,…not getting too focused in on just one area.…When it comes to working on this area up here,…let's zoom in on that.…What we're going to do, or typically do,…is make a selection and then work with the selection.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.