Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Softening skin, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie we're going to look at how we can soften the skin in this particular image.…Let's go ahead and copy all of our underlying layers to a New Layer, Shift+Option+Command+E on a Mac,…Shift+Alt+Ctrl+E on a PC, and we'll call this skin soft.…Then we're going to duplicate this layer.…Let's click and drag that to the New Layer icon, and we'll name this one texture.…You may have seen this technique in another movie, but let's see how we can apply it to this image.…Alright, well, click on the skin soft layer, and navigate to the Select drop down menu and choose Color Range.…Then we're going to sample an area of skin.…
Select on the + Eye Dropper and click through the image until we have a really good selection of the skin.…Now, what is white is selected, so that's definitely good, what is black isn't selected, perfect.…Click OK. Next, click on the Add Layer Mask icon.…Now, in the Mac if you hold down the Option key, PC, Alt key, and click on this I icon, we can see our selection.…So Let's zoom in on it.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.