Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Softening skin, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Welcome back.…In this movie, we are going to work on Skin Softening.…Now, there is still a bunch we need to do in regards to color, makeup color, eye color, color of the face.…Yet, in this movie, I want to focus on skin softening, we will be getting to color soon.…Alright, we need a couple of layers.…So let's go ahead and copy this layer R1 a few times 1, 2, 3, press Command+J on a Mac three times, Ctrl+J on a PC three times,…and then let's turn off the visibility of all of them except for the bottom one, and name this one soft.…
And what we are going to do with this particular layer is we are going to apply some skin softening a pretty unique way.…Let's navigate to our filter drop down menu and choose Noise and Dust and Scratches.…And how this dialogue works is we increase the radius and notice how it just kind…of pushes things together and then threshold brings back the texture.…So we can actually bring this image to a place where we are removing blemishes but we have nice texture,…and we can bring it all the way back up so we have all the texture.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.