Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Softening skin, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, we are going to look at how we can soften the skin.…We need to merge everything to a new layer so we will press Shift+Option+Command+E on a Mac,…Shift+Alt+Ctrl+E on a PC and name this layer Soft.…Next thing, what we are going to do is we are going to zoom in a little bit on this image…and we are going to start off by creating a mask.…So we are going to click on the Add Layer Mask icon and then we are going to invert that mask Command+I on a Mac, Ctrl+I on a PC.…We are going to mask in just reveal with white, the 100%, the areas of the skin that we are going to soften.…
So I am going to go ahead and create this mask here.…We are creating this mask first just to do this a little bit differently, and I am going to go through my image.…And at this point, I may think this looks okay but it's not going to look very good.…Let's take a look.…Hold down the Option key on the Mac, Alt key on a PC.…Alright, well, there we see the face and I definitely have some problem area,…so I am going to go through this and I am going to add to this.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.