WIn this video, explore the smoothing function and learn how it can help you create more elegant brush strokes.
- [Narrator] By using the shift key … in combination with our brush tool, … Photoshop helps us to draw the perfect straight line. … But what about freeform lines? … Can Photoshop assist us in getting … a smoother, more controlled result? … Yes, it can. … Up here in the options bar, we find the smoothing option. … And, often times you will find it disabled. … Then, what you have to do is to go to the brush settings … and down here on the menu next to smoothing, … you have to activate this little check box. … Now, the smoothing is activated in the options bar. … And, let's set it to a high value … so that we can see what it does to our brushstroke. … Now, if I draw, the brushstroke will lag behind … my cursor position and smooth out … all the little dents and irregularities … that my hand movement introduces into the stroke. … That way, we can create really smooth … and controlled drawings. … Under this gear icon here, you will find … a couple of helpful options. … I'm currently using the Stroke Catch-up option. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.