Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Smart Objects with Puppet Warp, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- [Narrator] It's worth turning a layer…into a Smart Object when you're applying…special kinds of filters,…even if you're only dealing with one layer.…The puppet warp distortion works really well…on organic objects, such as this goose.…Here's how it works.…We'll start, as always,…by turning this layer into a Smart Object.…When we now go to Edit, and Puppet Warp,…we see the familiar grid overlaid over it,…where it's been split up into its constituent triangles.…
We'll place a couple of anchor points…to pin that goose in place.…On the front, on the back, and one on the foot.…And to make things easier to see,…let's hide that triangular mesh.…It's still operating,…it's just not getting in our way anymore.…When we click and place a point at the base of the neck,…we can now pick this neck up…and we can bring it all the way down to the ground.…To rotate around this point, hold the alt or option key,…move just outside it,…and you can see how the cursor changes.…
And now you can twist that.…So we can turn it around so it looks like this goose…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 53m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.