In this video, learn how to set up a digital file in a pixel dimension that suits your needs for digital publishing.
- [Instructor] It might very well be the case … that we don't want to print our digital image file at all. … Maybe we want to post our image on social media, … or we need a graphic for a website. … If we don't plan to print our image file, … I suggest to completely ignore … the image resolution setting, … and set the unit of the image dimensions to pixels. … That way, we can directly determine … of how many pixels our image file will become post. … In some cases, we might have a specific … image dimension in mind, … because, for example, we want to create … a profile image for a website. … And on the website, we are told … which dimensions the profile image should have. … Or if we create an illustration for a banner image, … we normally know at which size the banner will be displayed, … and can choose our image dimensions accordingly. … If we don't have a specific size in mind, … we can use our screen resolution as a starting point. … For example, for my work, I'm normally using … a screen that is 2560 pixels wide. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.