Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Size in pixels, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- It may very well be that you don't plan…to print your digital image at all.…Maybe you just want to upload…it to your blog or share it on social media.…In that case I'd suggest to ignore…the resolution setting completely…and set the unit of the image dimensions…to pixels.…That way, we can directly define of…how many pixels our image should consist.…Of course, the question now is,…what number of pixels would be reasonable?…Now, there are several ways to decide…how many pixels our image needs.…
If you plan to present the image on the Internet,…it shouldn't be too big, otherwise it will…take a lot of bandwidth to download.…800 by 600 pixels use to be a common resolution…a few years back but screen sizes have…increased and nowadays even mobile phones…can display high resolutions.…I would say that 1200 pixels wide…is a suitable resolution.…
But keep in mind that it will likely change in the future.…You can also refer to the size of your screen…to find good pixel dimensions for your digital images.…If you have a full HD screen with…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.