Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Simplifying the Layers panel, part of Time-Saving Tips Using Photoshop.
- [Instructor] As you work in Photoshop … and your projects get more complex, … which, by the way, they always do, … each addition and modification often relates to … an additional layer added in the layers panel. … Before you know it, you're staring down the barrel … of a 20-layer layers panel. … If you're like me, these make sense … when you're in the middle of the project, … but when you open it up after a longer period of time, … it seems a bit unwieldy … and you often forget what you were doing. … Fortunately Photoshop gives us the ability … to easily filter that layers panel … by type of layer, type of effect, and many other attributes, … to make it easier to work on projects … that have tons of layers. … Let me show you how this works. … So I have the sports recipe book cover two.psd open, … and as you can see, this layers panel isn't horrible, … but I have a good sampling of different layers … in the layers panel. … Now if you go way to the top of the layers panel, … you'll see this topmost area, which allows me to filter …
- Customizing Photoshop
- Zooming and panning techniques
- Using Photoshop tool shortcuts
- Selecting, moving, showing, and merging layers
- Adjusting brush size
- Transforming selections
- Adding a color adjustment
- Changing type properties
- Working with Smart Objects
Skill Level Intermediate
Time-Saving Tips Using Illustratorwith Chad Chelius1h 45m Intermediate
Lightroom Classic CC: Working Fasterwith Chris Orwig1h 25m Intermediate
Mastering Selections in Photoshop CCwith Tim Grey3h 13m Beginner
1. Performance and Interface Tips
3. Selections and Masking
4. Working with Type
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.