Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Showing and hiding layers, part of Time-Saving Tips Using Photoshop.
- [Instructor] Turning layers on and off … through the design process … is a common task that we do to help us identify … what layer an object lives on … and to help to see how our project … is broken up or put together. … There's a few neat little tricks that I like to use … regarding showing and hiding layers … that I'd like to share with you here in this video. … Now at the most basic level, we can hide or show, … and to be clear, we're basically … turning the visibility on and off. … We can do this by simply clicking … on the visibility icon for a particular layer. … So we click on the visibility icon. … That'll hide the layer. … And we click it again, and that will show it. … Now another useful tip, … and this works especially when you have … a lot of layers in your document, … you can actually click and drag … to turn off all of the layers, … or you can click and drag again … to turn on all or a range of layers. … So for example, I could turn off … maybe just the top three very quickly, …
- Customizing Photoshop
- Zooming and panning techniques
- Using Photoshop tool shortcuts
- Selecting, moving, showing, and merging layers
- Adjusting brush size
- Transforming selections
- Adding a color adjustment
- Changing type properties
- Working with Smart Objects
Skill Level Intermediate
Time-Saving Tips Using Illustratorwith Chad Chelius1h 45m Intermediate
Lightroom Classic CC: Working Fasterwith Chris Orwig1h 25m Intermediate
Mastering Selections in Photoshop CCwith Tim Grey3h 13m Beginner
1. Performance and Interface Tips
3. Selections and Masking
4. Working with Type
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.