Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Shooting trees in the Hall of Mosses with a long lens, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- Here we are…long lens on the camera,…ready to zoom in…and really isolate…that tree in the back that I love so much.…Now when you have the wide angle lens…on the tripod,…which we've just done.…It's very important to be…in a very precise location…of your tripod.…Whether it be…four inches from the ground…or three feet or so on.…So, it's very important…to have the flexibility…and not just to put it…in a perfectly stand up,…you know, I'm comfortable position.…Long lens, you get more flexibility.…So here we are zoomed in…at 135 millimeter.…
And I'm standing very comfortable…and able to work in this space.…So keep in the mind…the lens can change…what you're doing with your tripod.…Now, what I've got is…I've got the back tree framed…and I'm really trying to isolate…what's interesting about it.…So, as I go into Live View,…I can see that I have a lot of…lines going right through the middle,…as kind of a base,…and then these wonderful curves…coming off the edges.…And I don't have any sky.…I'm right below the sky.…
So, I had to crop just perfect.…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Waterfallswith Justin Reznick32m 32s Beginner
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 43s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.