Discover tips, tricks, and settings for successfully shooting sunballs, the circular sunburst that you can see from underwater.
- [Speaker 1] In this movie, we'll show you…how to capture those circular sun bursts…that you can see from underwater.…And once again, sunballs help to add…some context to your scene.…Very helpful for folks who have…never been underwater before to…imagine that unusual environment.…But they do provide us with some challenges.…- [Speaker 2] So there's actually a…very simply pattern that we can follow…to get nice sunball shots.…So the first thing we want to do…is we want to put our strobes to maximum power.…So what that's going to do is that's going to…max out that foreground subject exposure.…
- [Speaker 1] And so this artificial light…is going to help to balance out the sun…in the background.…- [Speaker 2] So we're going to start with…a moderate aperture,…say f/5.6 in this example,…and we're going to set our shutter…to that X-sync speed.…In this case, 1/250 of a second.…- [Speaker 1] But be sure to consult…your camera's manual or website…to find out exactly what that X-sync is.…- [Speaker 2] And then of course,…start with a nice low ISO like 100.…
- Wide-angle optics
- Blending and contrasting exposure
- Controlling exposure with aperture
- Lighting underwater
- Shooting on walls and slopes
- Composing underwater shots
- Capturing rays of sunlight
- Going in for close focus
- Post-processing in Lightroom
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Wide Angle?
5. Special Techniques
6. Post Processing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.