Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Shooting the sea stacks from within the water, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- I've come out of the waves…to really study what I have and to see…that I have something I really like.…And I do, I'm really pleased with what…I was able to achieve there.…Now, I'm gonna go back into the waves…and shoot the original sea stack we worked on,…because I like what's going on over there with the sky.…It's interesting and it gives me a different image…than what I just did.…So, we're gonna go back in.…I've still got my three-stop on,…I'm gonna keep an eye on the waves,…and here we go.…
Something else that's very important…to keep in mind is that as the waves…come past your tripod,…your tripod will sink into the sand.…That's gonna happen on almost every single wave.…By being in continuous mode,…we're trying to get some of those images sharp.…It's okay that your tripod's moving…because as the wave pulls out,…it'll steady itself and get that shot.…And that's why we're in continuous mode,…and that's why we're taking a lot of images.…
I got exactly what I wanted, very exciting.…I'll shoot one more set,…but I'll tell you, I had three or four…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Waterfallswith Justin Reznick32m 32s Beginner
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 43s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.