Many photo scanners also come with tools for scanning negatives and the quality might surprise you. Don’t be afraid: Go ahead and lose control for a change and shoot analog. In this video, learn where to get film cameras and film, and where to get your negatives developed.
- Now, I love digital photography…and I've got a couple higher-end digital cameras…that I take pictures with,…both for clients and just for good, old creative fun.…But if there's one thing about digital photography…that just kind of drives me crazy,…it's that it can be so darn perfect, you know what I mean?…I mean, there's the super sharp up close focus,…and that delicious depth of field effect…that you can get, even with larger scenes…when you're using something like a 50 millimeter,…or a high-quality zoom lens.…
There's also the predictably…amazing color accuracy, and so on.…I mean, if a digital photo doesn't come out great,…I pretty much know who's fault it is,…and it ain't the cameras.…So maybe, just maybe, the thing that kind of gets to me…with digital photography, is that it just tends to be…all about precision, and predictability, and control.…While my real life, you know my daily life,…it's rarely a matter of any of those things.…And yeah, maybe that's why I can't help…being drawn to cheap, plastic film cameras…
- Working with scanning equipment
- Scanning resolution and cropping
- Advanced digital treatments of scans
- Building a creature with a scanner
- Creating a collage with a scanner
- Scanning botanical specimens from your yard
- Creating a GIF using your scanner
- Processing film negatives with a scanner
- Professional uses for scanography
Skill Level Intermediate
Scanning Techniques for Photography Art and Designwith Taz Tally6h 53m Intermediate
Introduction to scanography1m 55s
1. Getting Started Scanning
2. Using Your Scanner to Create Art
3. Advanced Compositions with Scanning
4. Sharing Your Work
Where to go from here3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.