Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharpening, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, we're going to sharpen the image.…So let's click in our topmost layer and press Shift+Option+Command+E on a Mac,…Shift+Alt+Ctrl+E on a PC and name this layer sharpen.…And this time we're going to sharpen with the High Pass Filter.…So let's navigate to our Filter drop-down menu and choose Other and then High Pass.…There are a number of different ways to sharpen, no one technique is best.…In this case, we're going to be using High Pass.…Alright, what I'm looking to do here is to bring up some detail of the areas that are important.…In this case the eyes, the hair, the lips, the nose, the eyebrows, the skin.…
I don't want all of this to be sharpened.…So I'm going to click OK, even though its amount is pretty high.…I'm going to then navigate to Image, Adjustments Hue/Saturation desaturate this layer and remove all the color from this layer.…Next, I'm going to take my Blend mode to Hard Light.…Yes, Hard Light alright, the image is over-sharpened.…I realized that yet, check this out.…We're going to click on the Add Layer mask icon while holding down the Option key on a Mac, Alt key on a PC.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.