Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharpening techniques, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, I want to share with you a two-pass approach to sharpening your Images.…Let's merge all of the underlined layers to a new layer, Shift+Option+Command+E on a Mac, Shift+Alt+Ctrl+E on a PC…and name this layer, s1 for sharpen one or you can go ahead and name it sharpen.…Next we're going to navigate to our Filter drop down Menu and choose Sharpen and then select Unsharp Mask.…There are bunch of different ways to sharpen your images.…Unsharp Mask is a phenomenal way to sharpen your images.…Now what we're looking for here is we're looking here for some sharpening, and Amount, Radius,…and Threshold that mixes together, these different sliders in order to come up with optimum sharpening.…
Let's take our Amount down, Radius down, and Threshold down as well.…Amount typically is going to be somewhere around 100% or higher, now this image has been sized…down so we can include it and train all that.…So my Amount is going to be, I'm going to say right around 100%.…Now my Radius again because this has been sized down it's going to be pretty low, so I'm going to keep a pretty low Radius,…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.