Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharpening and final image review, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Here we are at the final step.…In this final step, we want to sharpen the image.…So let's merge all of our underlying layers through new layer.…On a PC, Shift+Alt+Ctrl+E, on a Mac, Shift+Option+Command+E.…I'll name this layer Smart Sharpen.…Now, we are going to need a mask for a sharpening.…Now, we have a pretty decent mask that we use for our texture and softening.…So let's grab that one.…Click in that mask on a Mac, hold down the Option key and on a PC, hold down the Alt key and click…and drag that mask to the Smart Sharpen layer.…
Now, what we have is a layer that's masking off everything, except for the skin.…Well, that's exactly opposite of what we want.…So we click in the mask and press Command+I.…Now, we have the eyes, the background, the hair, a little bit of the skin so we can fix…that out and use this as a mask for sharpening.…So let's go ahead and press X to paint with black X lips black and white, select your Brush tool, opacity 100%.…
And I am going to clean up this mask a little bit.…I want to sharpen any of the skin there, definitely want the lips, press X, actually those are all in,…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.