Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Shaping and coloring the button base, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- In this movie, what we're gonna do is,…we're gonna look at these little glowing buttons here.…They're nice and lit.…That's what we're gonna create, those little buttons.…So right here, we got a little file ready to go.…And we can go in there and start with a little rectangle.…That's the basic shape of our little button.…However, we're at an angle.…Now, again, it's very important…to get the perspective right,…so if we have some perspective lines, that would be nice.…But what I'm gonna do is, just go into command t here…and then start to put this into perspective.…
So I'm gonna take this guy and move him up…and bring this guy down,…and this guy up just a little bit, click OK,…and there you can see that we have our little box.…So what's going to happen here is,…I'm gonna just move this guy over,…just a little bit more centered,…and I'm gonna start to create the sides for this guy.…So I'm gonna come in here and just go in…and create the little shape, like this,…and down, and go to the corner and close it off.…Make sure that this little edge is…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.