Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Shading in grayscales, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- We are ready to begin the coloring…of our space pirate drawing.…I have selected the layer that lies…in the background here, the slightly darker layer,…and I'm using my Coloring Brush, and I will now zoom in,…and I also need to choose a darker color,…and I just begin to lay in the first…strokes here in the background.…
I'd like to introduce you to a shading workflow now…that is often used in digital painting.…It often happens that you have…pretty distinct edges between different brushstrokes,…and one possibility to get rid of those…would be to use the Smudge tool for example,…and smudge them, but a much more often…used technique is to pick one of the two colors…that make up the edge, paint slightly over the edge,…then take the color that resulted…from this slight color overlay,…and again painting it slightly over the edge,…on both sides, and always picking the mixed tones…to smooth out the edges that way.…
Let's take some darker tones now.…Now let's go on to the face.…I'm choosing the layer now, the lighter gray layer,…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.