Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the shot of the falls on the bridge, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- We've walked through the beautiful forest…for another 1/4 mile to reach the iconic Sol Duc Falls.…Now, this is one of the most photographed…and famous waterfalls in all of Washington state.…It's a waterfall I've been to many times,…including the month of November previously,…but never have I seen an entire bank of the waterfall…covered in incredible ice.…I mean, this is truly a sight to see.…Now, as I approach the scene, I realized, wow,…this is a little bit unsafe.…I have an icy bridge to cross.…Now, instead of taking my camera…and running around doing hand-hold to compose,…I actually set my tripod and my camera aside…and I crossed the bridge as carefully as I could.…
Now, I wish I had the foresight to have brought…some sort of spikes on my shoes or crampons,…but you know what?…I can do this safely.…I'm using the railing.…I'm sliding with my feet, keeping a very good…center of balance.…As I cross the bridge, I took a look at the falls…and I used my hands to frame different scenes,…whether it be a two by three or a pano.…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 47s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.