Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a new file and new brush, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- We now want to get our hands dirty…and in our first case study,…I want to create a digital drawing.…First thing we have to do is to set up our drawing surface.…File, New, and we have to decide how big our…digital canvas should be.…800 x 600 pixels is a little bit small.…I will use a slightly higher resolution.…
Normally I would work much higher than that,…but in this recording situation,…with limited space on the screen,…I will go for this medium resolution…of 1200 x 800 pixels.…OK.…And here is our window.…This is our digital canvas on which we now…want to create our digital drawing.…I will zoom in because right now it's displayed at 66.7%.…
I use ctrl + plus (+) to zoom in to 100%.…I really want to see this without any scaling.…Now that we have our canvas, we also need a brush…that we can use for our drawing,…and I want to create this brush…now and show you how it's done.…The brush will be based on a brush…that is very simple right at the moment.…It's one of my Tool Presets…and I will open up the Brush palette now…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.