Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a new file and idea sketching, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- In our next case study,…I want to create a colored drawing.…And I will start this task with…a page of idea sketches.…First, let's create a new blank page.…1200 x 800 is a good size.…Let's arrange the page a little bit.…I'm zooming in…to 100% zoom.…
I create a new layer…for my idea sketches.…Now I'm moving to the…top left corner of my page.…And what I want to do now is to…collect a few ideas…for a sketch.…I already have a theme in mind.…I want to create the image…of a space pirate.…I want to create a portrait…of this space pirate.…
And this is my first idea.…And the goal of this…very first phase…of this idea sketching,…is to get a really…general idea of the illustration…that we are going to create.…And this is really fun,…you should do all sorts of experimentations here.…And I will just do really, really quick scribbles.…
A huge mustache.…Looks kind of interesting already,…but I will just keep on going.…Another frame.…Oh, this looks nice.…I will select this one…and do a little experiment.…When I hold Ctrl + Alt…I can duplicate…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.