Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a new file and creating color study, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- In this case study,…I want to paint a digital painting.…And my favorite way to start a digital painting…is to do very loose and imaginative color studies.…And for that, the first thing we are going to do…is to open a new file.…The size here pretty much fits my screen size,…and that's absolutely okay.…I will zoom in to 100%.…And now, the goal is…to create a quick vision…based on color design for our painting.…
And I don't want to start this…completely without direction.…I already have a theme in mind…for my digital painting,…and a theme always helps at the first step.…And the theme is…the white palace on the red planet.…So, we see that in this theme,…we already have colors.…So, we might just start with the color red.…Let's just pick a really standard red here.…
And what I'm going to do now…is simply put color on the canvas…and just observe where it takes me.…So this is our red.…And we already have a lot of white here around,…so the white palace might be covered with that.…But, what about the word planet?…The white palace on the red planet.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.