Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a coloring brush and layers, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- There are some preparations to make…before we can start coloring our drawing…and the first thing is to create a brush…that we can use for coloring.…Now, I will open up the Brush window…and my coloring brush will be based…on my drawing brush.…I will just change some of the brush settings…until I come up with a brush…that is good for coloring.…
Now, for coloring I do not need…an elliptical brush,…a round brush feels better…in that case…so I will just round it up again,…make it 100% round…and I also don't need the Size Jitter…controlled by Pen Pressure.…I actually need no Size Jitter at all…and none of the other Shape Dynamics…so I can just un-check it here.…
And for coloring I need…full control of…the brush opacity…so I will take away the Pen Pressure…from the Flow…and choose it for the Opacity Jitter control instead.…Now we can make our brush bigger…and I will just create a new layer here…for a test run of our brush.…And that looks actually…exactly the way…I imagined it.…
Just create a new tool preset…and I can now use it anytime.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.