Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up color adjustments based on color channels, part of Advanced Photoshop: Curves.
- In the previous chapter we got a really good start…on setting highlights and shadow points…and setting sample points in our image…and control points on our curves…so I think we've got a good foundation for moving on…and having a little bit more nuance discussion…about finding neutrals, setting neutrals,…evaluating neutrals in images,…and using color sampler points and control points.…And I love using this image for doing color correction…cause it has so many interesting…and relatively common challenges…in terms of finding and setting neutrals,…and there's a nice cast shadow challenge…that we have here which is very, very common.…
Alright so let's get started by…doing an evaluation of our image.…Very fun image with lots of colorful boots.…This is on my front porch in my house in Homer, Alaska.…Look at the image. The overall brightness is good.…Contrast is pretty good. Not too bad.…But maybe we can do a little bit better on the contrast.…And as we're gonna see, when you color correct an image,…particularly an image with a lot of color in it like this,…
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Photoshop Color Correctionwith Taz Tally4h 9m Beginner
Advanced Photoshop Color Correctionwith Taz Tally5h 2m Advanced
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Curve Fundamentals
2. Tone and Simple Color Adjustments with Curves
3. Numeric Color Adjustments with Curves
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.