Most advanced users of Adobe Photoshop, skip the auto commands. However, there is hidden power in these commands that you need to take advantage of. What are these commands and what can you do with them? In this video, learn how to set a new default auto value.
- You've discovered that auto isn't necessarily a bad word.…But auto can also just mean automatically what you want.…The ability to set new auto values means that…you can completely customize how Photoshop calculates…and processes images, based on the target that you set.…Let's show you how to go in and tweak the auto settings…to your own liking.…Now as you're working with images, you might realize that,…over time, you have certain preferences.…
For example, let's add a curves adjustment layer.…And perhaps I have a lot of shots from the same shoot,…or I have something that I'd like to use as a target.…So I'm gonna go ahead and option or alt + click…on the word auto, and it brings up a dialog.…And you'll see down here the ability to do some targeting.…Now different options are gonna behave differently.…Sometimes, you'll see different choices at the bottom here,…the key difference is enhancing brightness and contrast.…So if I decide to do a monochromatic contrast,…or even the per channel contrast,…as long as I'm working with this,…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.