Mike Rankin shows how to set the foreground and background colors in Photoshop. He shows the Color Picker and how to work with the various color models like RGB, CMYK, LAB, and HSB. He also explains the use of the color sampling ring.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to go over some … of the things you need to know … about working with color in Photoshop … for the ACA exam. … We'll start with the foreground and background colors. … You can see the foreground and background colors … in the toolbar down here at the bottom, … and in the color panel. … Single click either one … to bring up a color picker dialogue … that you can use to define a new foreground … or a background color. … There's a square field and a slider. … You also have boxes to compare the current color … to the new one you're creating, … so if I drag the slider and click in the box, … I can see the new color and the current foreground color. … And there are several color models to choose from, … so we have HSB, RGB, LAB, and CMYK. … The ones that are made up of three color components … have radio buttons that you can click … to make that component be the slider. … So right now, I have the H radio button selected, … so the slider here is filled with all the possible hues, …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.