For the Photoshop ACA exam, you should know how to create new documents with appropriate settings for both printed and onscreen projects. In this video, Mike Rankin demonstrates the process of creating new documents and choosing their settings in the new document dialog box.
- [Instructor] For the ACA exam, … you should know how to create new documents … with appropriate settings for both printed … and on screen projects. … So let's take a look at how to do that. … I'll start by clicking the Create New button here … on the Photoshop home screen, … and this opens the dialog box … where I can choose all the settings for my new document. … In addition to recently used settings and saved settings, … I have access to lots of document presets … that are organized into categories by their usage. … So I have presets for Photos, Print projects, … Art & Illustration, Web, Mobile, and Film & Video. … I'll choose Mobile, … and you can see here there are some presets … for popular device screens like iPhones and iPads. … Click the View All Presets button to see a lot more choices. … I'll go with the iPhone 8/7/6 screen. … I'll click it once, … this is going to be 750 pixels by 1334 … in portrait orientation. … It's going to include Artboards, which is great, … because if I'm designing for a mobile device, …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.