This video explores two related—but distinctly different—approaches to tinting an image.
- [Instructor] In this movie I'm going to look at two…related color treatments, sepia toning and split toning.…Let's begin with two ways to create…a sepia tone effect in Photoshop.…The first is to use a hue saturation adjustment layer,…and if I come to my presets,…you can see that we have a sepia toning preset.…So that's one option, let's just turn that off.…Secondly, if I come to my black and white adjustment filter,…there's no sepia toning preset,…but we do have the option to tint the image,…and by default the tint that we get…is a kind of sepia tone tint.…
You can click and that takes us to the color picker,…where we can adjust the exact color of the tint.…Let's now look at the example of split toning.…Split toning is an effect similar to duotoning.…Like sepia toning, it has its origins in the days of film,…but where it differs from sepia toning…is that we have the option of applying one color…to the highlights and another color to the shadows.…
If you are starting out with a camera raw image,…then you can do this in the Camera Raw plugin.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.