Another approach to managing color equalizations is to apply the additional color selectively. There are a number of ways to achieve this goal; in this video, learn about emphasizing layer masks as the most precise control.
- [Instructor] The Church of the Jacobins … in Toulouse, France dates from 1230 … and houses the remains of St. Thomas Aquinas. … Napoleon's cavalry stabled their horses … in the nave of the church following the French Revolution. … More recently, the church has been restored … to its architectural glory. … Visiting the church on a sunny spring afternoon, … I was pleased to see colors from the stained glass windows … projecting onto the walls and pillars. … I snapped a few photos with the idea of enhancing … the already brilliant colors in post production. … What a job for LAB. … So taking the stained glass windows … on the architecture here, … the first thing I do is I put the image into LAB Color, … Image, Mode, LAB Color, … and let me duplicate the image, … that's Image, Duplicate, … which is a separate operation from duplicating a layer. … So I'm going to call this one AEQ … because we're going to use it for an A equalization … and I put it in smaller size … than the original of the image right here. …
- Converting images to Lab Color space
- Applying Curves to Lab channels
- Selective sharpening
- Inverting channels
- Making per-channel equalizations
- Using the Lab action
- Combining Lab Color with blending modes
- Making patterns with Lab images
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Backgrounds and Textureswith Harold Davis2h 18m Intermediate
Enhancing Landscape Photos with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Ben Long1h 30m Intermediate
Enhancing Night and Low-Light Photos with Photoshopwith Seán Duggan2h 12m Intermediate
1. Fine-Tuning an Image with LAB and Curves
2. Using the Inversion Adjustment
Inverting the A channel3m 25s
3. Working with Equalizations
4. A Palette of Lab Possibilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.