In this video, learn about the different groups of selection tools and how to use them. This video covers the Lasso, Polygonal Lasso, marques, Quick Selection tool, and Magic Wand tool.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about some of the selection tools … here in Photoshop. … The first one is the Move Tool … and that's the one I've been using. … The Move Tool works by clicking on something and moving it, … although we just got this error message, … and that's because the layer I'm trying to move is locked. … If you look over here in the Layers panel, … you'll see that the current layer that is active … is the Background layer, … and so, since it is locked, … it wouldn't let me do anything. … If I want to move something, I have to be in that layer. … So, let's go to the shirt front layer … and now I can click and move the shirt. … Now, because I'm in this layer, … I don't need to click on the shirt directly. … I can click anywhere and the shirt will move. … We could go to the Jacket Back, … and you can see these are linked together, … but anywhere I click, … the jacket front and back are going to move. … Now, why is it that previously … I was able to click on an image and move it …
- Why render in Photoshop?
- Scanning artwork
- Using Dodge and Burn
- Using the drawing and painting tools in Photoshop
- Adding color to your images
- Working with scanned color illustrations
- Layout styles for fashion portfolios
- Working with color libraries
- Creating mood boards
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
1. Basics You Need to Know
2. Working with Sketches
3. Working with Scanned Color Illustrations
Saving for print2m 15s
5. Creating Mood Boards
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.