Do you want to make more targeted selections and not select the entire canvas in Adobe Photoshop CC 2017? This is where other tools like the Selection lassos come into play. In this video, Richard Harrington walks through how to use the Selection lassos in Adobe Photoshop and shows where to find them.
- In Photoshop, you'll find a collection of lassos.…These allow you to choose pixels with a series of clicks.…Let's open up two images here, a before and after state.…What you'll notice is that a series…of adjustments have been made.…We've chosen just the beak area,…and then the pole, and then applied some general curves.…Well, there are many ways to make selections.…You'll notice, though, that with the lasso,…we have three different lassos.…
A regular lasso tool, for selecting freeform shapes,…a polygonal lasso tool, which is useful…for straighter material, and the magnetic lasso,…which can snap to edges.…Let's start with the regular lasso tool,…and work with this image.…You'll press Command + plus to zoom in,…just to see the beak.…And let's start with that basic selection tool.…Now, using your mouse or your tablet,…you can make a selection.…One thing that bothers me is that, by default,…Photoshop puts icons on all of its tools.…
Well, this gets a bit in the way of seeing things.…So, I'll go to the Preferences…
- What are selections?
- Creating masks from selections
- Moving a selection
- Selecting with the Quick Selection tool
- Transforming a selection
- Using the Refine Edge command
- Selecting a color or tonal range throughout the image
- Making a selection with the Pen tool
- Saving a selection as an alpha channel
- Creating a selection from multiple channels with the Calculations command
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Selections?
2. Getting Started with Selection Tools
3. The Wand Tools
4. Refining a Selection
5. Power User Techniques
6. Creating Selections with Channels
What are channels?3m 43s
7. Face-Aware Liquify
Final thoughts1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.